Sunday 3 November 2013

Gusting 51mph!

I thought I would add some video from up at Itford Hill today. As you can see from Jacks post below, We had a super time with everyone managing surprisingly well with a strong WSW wind blowing.

The walk up the hill nearly killed me and I was totally shown up by Rob and Dave walking up the steep part of the slope and Jack and I took the long winding route to nearly the top.

 

Here are the guys and there models. 1 x Phase 6, 3 x Flywings Ninja's and 1 x Flywings Spectre.


A huge 'Well Done'! to Dave Wilson for his superb flying in what was a gale and this being his only 2nd or 3rd slope soaring session ever.


What else happened?

We had a disappearing Ninja that just vanished in to thin air and later found hiding in a far field. Jack knocking me out of the sky with a fantastic head on impact. Unfortunately, took my aileron push rod off and I ended up in the top of a small hawthorn tree. Rob walked all the way back down the hill to his car to get his SAS Fusion and then walked all the way back up and then proceeded to fly it very well in difficult conditions.

Me and Jack tried playing silly beggars but the wind coming from the south meant you shot along the ridge line one way and then turning back into wind the Ninja's came to a virtual stop. Ending up with Jack doing the walk of shame a few times to collect his model.

Great company, great weather and superb flying, thanks guys......


Thanks

Slope Soaring Sussex

No comments:

Post a Comment