Friday 8 November 2013

How about 'The Long man of Wilmington' ?

I have been looking at the weather for slope soaring on Sunday morning and I don't this Jack & Jill is on (as Slope Hunter says it doesn't work is a NW wind but in there slope finder page is sais it does). Rob pointed out at Wolstonbury we might get an Issue with parking, so with this in mind I would like to go and give The Long Man of Wilmington a try.
It does mean a walk up the hill (like Itford) but its a slope I and I think a lot of you haven't flown at before and its nice to try something new and it should be a cracking slope to fly from.

It is forecast to be another blow 14mph and gusting 30mph so add on 5 - 10 mph to that....

So who's up for slope soaring up at The Long Man on Sunday morning?

Meet up about 9.30am for a few hours of flying.

Map of The Long Man

And here is a page from the guys at ESSA website with a few pictures of where to park

I know Rob & Jack are going to join me and Graham was going to try and come along - Anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment