Wednesday 23 April 2014

'Slope Soaring Sussex' Model Flying Club?

Its an Idea I have been toying with for many months now. What about forming a model flying club just for gliders? Sloping, thermal flying, electric gliders, DLG really anything to do with glider flying but based in and around Sussex. The idea being to bring together like minded people who enjoy the sport of glider flying and to follow what we have been doing very successfully through our 'Slope Soaring Sussex' Blog. Nothing too official and nothing too expensive but something that will be fun and enjoyable to be part of. My aim would be to find a flat field site to fly gliders from (just renting of course!). I know that in its self will be difficult but we will be silent flight and so don't bring the concerns and issues based around power flying and the noise issues associated with them. We have the slopes that are free, we have a new winch and a bungee and we have a happy band of regular slopers who have supported us and helped the group grow, so that's the plan but how many people like the Idea?
Please let me know by leaving a comment in the comments box below this post or feel free to contact me if you would be Interested in making this happen and making a club that is focused on what you already enjoy.
paulhampshire2013@gmail.com / 07834 859018

5 comments:

  1. I have had a good response so far with 5 people wanting to join a new club. Any more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a really good idea I have only experienced friendliness and a willingness to help from all concerned and a really relaxed and friendly atmosphere Clint

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something I have thought of on and off for years. Although I can fly flat field any time at Horsham club and at the best flat field site in south east at Tonbridge club. Count me in to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Clint and Kevin for your comments. I have had about 12 people register Interest in setting up a club. Time to get together and put pen to paper. Thanks guys for all the support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paul, I think it's a brilliant idea and am fully behind it. As you know I've made some application forms now and have asked the BMFA for a starter pack

    ReplyDelete