Saturday 24 May 2014

My first tentative attempt at sea cliff soaring!

I met Paul, Jack and Clint at the Itford Hill layby but didn`t fancy the long walk to the south bowl especially as the forecast wasn`t brilliant, so decided to venture down to the Newhaven Fort Cliffs. I used to often watch the soaring of models, para and hangliders when I was at the the marina with my children. The parking is easy only a short walk to areas adjacent the Coastguards lookout. The site is only really suited to foamies, landing is fairly tight but not difficult for a half competent pilot! Had three successful flights before it got to dark to fly but beat the rain to my van, just! The cliffs are not very high but provide good smooth lift at around 14mph, don`t have to be close to the edge and you don`t have to fly over water, also plenty of seating. Shall use this site again! I`m sure there will be a report from the Itford flyers.

1 comment:

  1. We will come and join you next time Graham. Leave the mouldies in the car and bring the Ninja's along.

    ReplyDelete