Friday 16 May 2014

Wolstonbury Hill Today

Jack, Clint, Graham and I had an Interesting visit to Wolstonbury Hill today.
What a lovely place and nice and easy to park at and a gentle climb to the top. Today was very stable with a visible Inversion and very little wind. This made for some Interesting flights with all of us getting some flying in and I think most of us catching a few thermals along the way.
When the lift was not sufficient to keep my 3m Algebra in the air (most of the time) I flew my Dream Flight Libelle. Even this struggled with the lack of hill lift but when if found a snifter of a thermal it was away. Getting up very high on a couple of occasions. Hopefully Graham will have some video because my camera was playing up.
I am hoping Sunday will be the day of the weekend! With 10 - 13mph Southerly breeze at 13.00hrs forecast earlier on today. So hopefully see some of you up at Itford Hill flying the Southerly bowl. I don't think its worth an early start as the wind will be SSE and a little lighter. I think we have proved this flying site is best in a Southerly or SSW wind. Lets make a call on location and what time we fly tomorrow so we can get a good handle on the wind direction then.

No comments:

Post a Comment