Wednesday 11 June 2014

Low profile self adhesive fastener (velcro equivelant)

I needed a Velcro type product to attach my key chain camera to the wing or fuselage of a slope model. Ordinary Velcro was to thick and rough, so I went on the hunt for an alternative. I wanted something low profile and clear so not to cause too much drag when stuck on to a model without the camera being attached. I found this product (click this link) on eBay.
It works a treat and is easy to apply and has a very strong adhesive. See the video below at Mill Hill. Its what is holding on my 808# camera to the wing of my Typhoon. It snaps the camera on well but also comes off easily on the ground but as far not in mid air! You could use it for may uses including fixing your RX down in a fuselage. I thought some of you might find this product of Interest. It gets a 10/10 from me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul, after seeing how good this tape is on your model I got some for myself. It'll be good for holding batteries into models too. Velcro seems to be either too 'sticky' to itself or the adhesive gives way.

    ReplyDelete