Tuesday 17 June 2014

Tuesday Afternoon / Evening up at Ditchling Beacon

A great turn out for a weekday with Terry, Graham U, Marc, Graham T, Rob, Clint, Geoffrey and Me all enjoying the sunshine, warm temperatures and good lift up at the Beacon. It was great to see you all enjoying yourselves! I had a splendid time with my first outing with my new (well its 20+ years old actually) 1/4 scale Pat Teakle PIk 20. It was a dream to fly and I managed to land it without to much fuss. Its got a 4 metre wingspan fibreglass fuselage and glassed foam veneered wings. Flaps and electrically operated airbrakes together with a vintage scale pilot (bit tired looking - just like me!)
 
Clint flew his Luna 2 and did the whole flight which culminated in a superb first landing. I will upload the video tomorrow. The other guys seemed to be having a ball with healthy banter mixed in with some superb sloping. Rob's bought himself a little rocket of a mouldy (Mini Blade) which I look forward to seeing fly. All in all - a very pleasant few hours for me and I hope for everyone else up there.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I particularly enjoyed walking up the escarpment :-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can only hope as your flying improves Marc, your walking will reduce!

    ReplyDelete