Sunday 24 August 2014

Hacker Vagabond up at The Bwlch, South Wales

During a few days away in South Wales I visited The Bwlch. The wind was NW and about 20Kts and directly onto the Ice Cream Slope. Unfortunately, I was the only person up on the slope during my time up there. Do I smell or something or maybe they had been warned in advance that I was on my way!
I left the Typhoon in the car and wandered along the slope with my Hacker Vagabond. The wind was too windy and the lift too strong really. I know that sounds daft but the Vagabond is better in lighter conditions. Here is a video of me flying the Hacker Vagabond and if you watch the video to the end you will see why I wear a hard hat - Funny!
Hopefully, this will spur some off you who haven't visited The Bwlch to come along on our next visit up to the Valleys. The views are amazing, The hills are massive and the locals are generally friendly!
I am hoping to go again within the next few months. anyone Interested in coming with me?
During my visit we also walked up Pen-Y-Fan (the highest mountain in South Wales) at 2,970ft. It took us 70 minutes to walk to the top form the car par (1680ft) but the views where just amazing. What a place to fly your models from!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment