Saturday 23 August 2014

Sloping at Itford Hill 23rd Aug 2014

Hi All,
Today myself (Rob), Graham U , Clint and 2 new pals - Alan Hall and his friend Carl went to Itford North bowl to fly our models. The wind wasn't in the best direction and as it happened, the bowl worked only marginally well. Graham and I had a mid air collision which totally wrecked my Stargazer tail, rudder and elevator, and I had to land with ailerons-only courtesy of Carl who made the best soft landing I've ever had (thanks Carl - you're a star).



Graham had his handy glue with him plus some cross-weave tape, so we pretty quickly repaired the Stargazer and it was away for the rest of the day ( with a bent fin), but it was fine !

Graham's new Vagabond was almost unscathed and continued to fly for the rest of the session.
 After this, we moved back to the West face of the hill and things were much better.

Clint brought his trusty Pzazz which flew really well and his M60 which flew even better.

At 12:00 Clint had to leave, and I saw our new friend Adam walking up the hill to join us with his 2nd hand Apache from SAS. I have never seen one before, but it turned out that one of the Itford locals also had one today - so 2 in a day !
Adam's flew really well but I suspect a bit nose-heavy.

After 3.5 hours we all called it a day and headed for home.
Many thanks to all who made this the best day for a long time

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment