Sunday 21 September 2014

10 Old fellas and three lovely maidens

Wow, what a day!
A great turnout this morning up on Ditchling Beacon. Rob and I met up at 8.00am and started flying in the cold and cloudy gusty conditions with it blowing about 30mph. Soon joined by Clint, Alan, Graham U, Graham T, Bernie, Tim, Dave W and Geoffrey. Hope I didn't miss anybody?
The flying was fast and furious with the strong breeze giving superb lift. Tim maidened his Messerschmitt 163 and also his NCHM Moth. Both flew very well I am pleased to report and Bernie flew a massive F5J model which the name escapes me. We all got loads of flying in and the banter was as good as it gets. We were joined by many full sized gliders with one flying behind the hill and around us. Got my ideas who that was. Lots of video to follow but it will take me hours to edit and load up on You Tube.
Many thanks for the very good turn out and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did?

2 comments:

  1. Hi guys pleased that you lot had some really good flying it looks as though you had a good turnout, we flew up on Culver Down in 16mph NNE Wind, overlooking Bembridge Harbour towards Portsmouth, I flew the new Wild thing, very pleased with I am. Looking forward to your visit over here!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul
    thanks for your company at the beacon on Sunday, nice to see you all what a great bunch of slopers you have got together, the model was a Valenta Mini Twister 3 meter span and designed for F3F flying close circuits along the slope, was very happy with the way it preformed, still some setting up to do and getting back in the habit of slope flying. What i need is a good F3F pilot to wring it out a bit and let me know what it's capable of. I was also flying with a different radio than my normal Jeti DC-16 tray radio, It was the new Jeti DS-14 hand held, but didn't seem to feel much different and as ever solid radio link, still more setting up and maybe some ballast for the next session

    ReplyDelete