Sunday 18 January 2015

It was so cold I felt like my face had been Botoxed!

It would have been a lovely and warm day up at Ditchling Beacon if you were a Polar Bear but for us old fogies it was bloody cold but the merry banter kept the frostbite at bay together with my transmitter mitt that stopped my fingers falling off.
 I was joined by Les, Rob and Graham up at the Beacon. The wind was only about 10-12knts which gave us sustainable lift but nothing amazing. I maidened my 'Zulu' which flew lovely in the light lift but didn't set the world alight with stunning agility but I am hopeful with some tinkering and the addition of some more ballast it will prove a very tasty glider especially on those light wind slope / cliff days. This was purchased from T9 HobbySport. for £47.99 plus P & P and built by Tim then covered in shrink laminate film.

Watch the video in HD and in widescreen for the best viewing.
Tim lent me his Tracuer ( from Modellbau) which was a sheer joy to fly. On half rates it was an animal rolling and looping with little effort in the lighter conditions. Graham and Rob had flights with it and I think the general consensus was that it was superb and offered more than the Hacker Vagabond.
Graham had fun flying his big wing and his Vagabond, Rob had the trusty Stargazer together with its rebuild tail section and showed amazing skill to avoid the barbed wire fence that I threw the Tracuer towards while launching it for him. Better than I did as I landed on the fence later on. Les impressed us all with his 'Straight In' landings. Maybe a little more of a hold off may be needed next time Les but very well flown never the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment