Friday 6 February 2015

A sample of what South Wales has to offer........

I've had the pleasure of flying up to 'The Bwlch' in South Wales on several occasions now but I hardly feel I've scratched the surface when it comes to flying up there. Steve and his friends have always made me and others from our group most welcome. It's a beautiful place to visit and an amazing place to fly. I will be organising another couple of trips up there this year. Usually over a Fri / Sat / Sun. You wont be disappointed if you make the effort. There are slopes to fly in almost all wind directions.
In this video I met up with Steve on a still day with hardly any breeze so out came the DLG's (Discus Launch Gliders); Here both Steve and I flew our Libelle's of a small tump set back from the main slope. Steve has a great Blog with loads of flying Video's to watch  Click on this Link - A470 Soaring
e
Jack & I giving the Ninja's some exercise and below is a video of me and the Vagabond flying in a stronger breeze, too much for it really but Interesting and plus it's got some funky music!
So let me know if you would be interested in a slope flying trip to Wales this Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul. It would be good to see a few of you flying in Gods playground again, so come on, you know you want to :o)
    I have been chatting to the organisers of the PSSA (Power Scale Soaring Association) and Andy Meade from them has made a couple of trips to fly with us. The PSSA are considering holding a PSS event at the Bwlch, possibly in late September. So if any of you guys are into PSS models, or just want to see something different to the usual, we would love to see you. I will post details on A470soaring.blogspot.co.uk as more info becomes available.
    Happy soaring :o)

    ReplyDelete