Thursday 5 March 2015

Slope Soaring Safari - The Master Plan (possibly) !

I have put out a few shouts but thought it would be good to post my idea's for our marathon flying weekend that's just a few days away now.
Here's an outline of a plan but this will be flexible given the wind direction on the day.
Saturdays weather looks good with it being warm (yes warm!!) and a SW possible SSW wind. I am hoping to meet up with Steve in Crawley around 9.30am and then make my way down to Mill Hill (Shoreham) which should get us at Mill hill for 10.00 ish. Lets say we have a few hours flying (a bit of combat) and then pack up and move East. Depending on the wind direction I thought we could either swing down past Newhaven Fort and try the sea cliffs or carry on to The Long Man's SW bowl. You can easily park at the Fort but The Long Man is a bit of a walk from the car park which is 2/3rds of the way up the hill (if there are spaces in the car park). If we aim to be there at 1.30ish (which gives us time to grab a bite to eat) then 20 mins to walk up to the mega SW slope up on the Long Man and then when we have had enough back to the cars and then dependent if we are fed up or not and If Steve's ready to call it a day or not we could take a trek North and try out Colley Hill near Reigate.
There is a lot of driving but how many of us have flown at three sites in one day before?
If the plan works then it will be a fantastic day's worth of flying. If you can make it to one of the hills that's better than none.
As I've mentioned before. If you want to join in the slope soaring safari then please let me know. We will be going where the wind takes us so the master plan could be in the bin by 10am, so I might need to call you or text with changes to the program.
I'm very excited about trying out all these hills and would love as many of you to come along and enjoy the day.
I will be out again on Sunday and again we will try and get to a few slopes but I will update you all on Saturday after flying if that's OK as then we can gauge the Interest as well as the weather.
My mobile number is 07834 859018 if anyone wants to check any of the arrangements etc for either day.

No comments:

Post a Comment