Sunday 26 April 2015

Ditchling Beacon Sunday 26th April

Hi All,
Paul and I decided to venture to Ditchling this morning despite the rain and drizzle we both saw early on. We met at 9:30 and found that the drizzle was rolling in with the Northerly wind but we could see brightness on the Northern horizon.
Paul took his Traceur and had my Moth which I bought from Tim 2 weeks ago. Both flew very well despite there being not a great deal of lift. Paul moved to his lightweight Zulu and that performed extremely well. We were joined by our newest member Will with his wife and children (Will has ordered a Spectre and is waiting for all the parts to arrive).
Paul again let Will fly his Zulu and we found that Will was very confident despite only one previous flight. Will was airborne for about 15 minutes on his own with an occasional hand from Paul. Most impressive Will.
Tim arrived and flew his Guppy which is always impressive. Tim also flew Paul's Traceur for quite a time.
I decided to try out my old Hawk but found that it was 'bound' to my other JR transmitter at home !
Then Les arrived with his Jet Provost, Middle Phase and KA8. The Middle Phase went well and the KA8 flew very well. Les had 2 really good landings with the help of the air brakes built into the wings. Les invited his mate Graham (I think that was his name), who also flew a KA8 and that went very well too - I didn't see it land though because Will and I decided to leave at that point.

To sum up, we had had 6 fliers with 9 models and despite the cold Northerly, it was a great morning's flying.
Many thanks to the hardy ones who joined us this morning.

Regards
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment