Thursday 30 April 2015

Mill Hill RC Flying Banned ??

An email was forwarded to me this evening saying that as of today (30th April 2015) all flying from Mill Hill (Shoreham, Sussex) had been banned due to a collision between a model and a light aircraft at 1000ft and the Police had posted a notice saying 'models & equipment will be confiscated'.
Now this has not been confirmed by any other means than the email I received, so I am keen to find out any more Information you may know about the current model glider flying situation up at Mill Hill. If you can enlighten us further then please email me or leave a message with this post.
I have to say that having seen the very close proximity of Mill Hill site to the flight path into Shoreham Airport I am surprised (If true) that the banning of model flying from there hadn't happened a lot earlier. Where else in the country can you fly RC model aircraft (gliders) so close to the flight path of powered aircraft?
But lets wait and see if the reports are correct and be thankful that the light aircraft made a safe landing into Shoreham.

No comments:

Post a Comment