Sunday 5 April 2015

Our new field is FANTASTIC !!

Rob & I worked our little socks off, pulling out over 70 posts, filling in the holes and moving the posts to another field. We did have the assistance of a man and a tractor but still it was bloody hard work. Thanks Rob!!
I flew my Libelle DLG and on its 3rd launch I climbed away from about 30' and climbed up quickly in a strong thermal but I had to give up on it as it was back to work with Rob. After that I flew my electric glider and had 3 motor burns with climbing in thermals between each burn. Then back to my Libelle. By now the sun had vanished and we were left with grey, claggy skies. Still managed to climb away from low down - Wow! our new field is immense.
I was kept company by Bob King who did his best to keep me out of the tree's and just as we were leaving Terry turned up with his bungee and gliders. Let us know how you got on Terry?
Cant wait to get out there flying again. We are so lucky to have such a large, clear and dry field to fly from.

No comments:

Post a Comment