Saturday 2 May 2015

Butts Brow & Beachy Head

A group of us met up at Butts Brow just outside of Eastbourne. Rob, Will, Jack, David & me. We arrived to see another group of model flyers walking in the opposite direction to another bowl to fly from. We carried on walking to the main bowl at Butts Brow.
Will had his brand new and freshly built Spectre (Very nicely built by Tim) which had its maiden flight. Here is Will with his new toy and a silly hat to boot!
 
 
Rob flew his Moth and David flew his Spectre and Middle Phase which both returned home in a few more pieces than they arrived in. I flew my Valenta Dragon and Ninja. After playing silly beggars chasing Jack and after a great mid-air combat crunch I cartwheeled it in and broke the tip off.
Will continued to show of his skills by not needing any buddy lead and flew on his own for probably over an hour in total. Even managing his first launch all on his own. Well done Will !

After we had finished me and Jack went down to Beachy Head to see if the slope there would be working. I flew my Tracuer and Jack his Ninja and we had a whale of a time. Rough and turbulent over the low bushes but smoothed out the further you went. Spent time practising my continuous roles. Getting there I think!
 

A good mornings flying and a huge thank you to all who made the drive down to Eastbourne. We deffinately had the best weather of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment