Monday 18 May 2015

PSS Lightning

Hi guys

Some of you may remember that I bought Paul's PSS Lightning off him back in March. Well I finally got it just about finished and took it out on Meio Common, near Caerphilly yesterday. 

The conditions weren't ideal really with the wind a little off the face and about 15-17mph in the compression zone, but I didn't know what strength of wind would be needed to keep the Lightning in the air. 

The launch went well but I struggled to gain any height. I was able to make a couple of passes along the slope but then as I turned, the nose went up, I pushed the stick forward to lower the nose but she stalled and spun into the ground. Fortunately the damage is minimal and she will fly again at the PSSA meet at the Orme on June 13th & 14th. 
Here is the video.


1 comment:

  1. Looks a beauty in the air Steve. You have made a cracking job with the film covering. Thanks for sharing this with us Steve. Let us know how you get on up at The Orme.

    ReplyDelete