Sunday 14 June 2015

Mijet Itford Hill 6/6/15

Flying Itford Hill last weekend in around 30mph wind. Mounting the DVR on the tailplane doesn`t give the best view of this `plane!                                                                                                                         What I was trying to achieve was the correct set up of crow, initially there was a large amount of zooming but with a lot of down trim overcame most of it. Have now programmed in  a curve mix..voila! While me being in setup mode decided to progamme a rud/ele mix to aid knife edge, havent tried it yet but it must help.

6 comments:

  1. Impressive flying style - would suit limbo contest.
    Instructive video - shows direct effects of flaps and crow braking,
    worth the inelegant view of this classic slope soarer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rusty, you obviously know the Mijet. I built it about 42 years ago and did race it a couple of times once at Butser Hill Hampshire, came 3rd I think. Have modified it recently with large ailerons, flaps and a rudder these mods have really transformed an already good 'plane into something which can compete modern world. Unfortunately I haven't been able to fly it for a while so now I'm trying to set it up. My first foray into r/c was single channel with a wind up rubber band escapement. Then I built Ron Fullers galloping ghost unit (a free bee from Aeromodeller.. hasn't technology moved on!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic video quality! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic video quality! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic video quality! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That doesn't look like the Mijet I know. The Mijet was designed by Colin Prior in 1974. Colin used to review models for Silent Flight & Fixed Wing magazines. I met him recently, he's 80 now and due to a medical condition, no longer flies, but he does still love building his gliders and I have bought two from him that he has built. By God can he talk! Lol.

    ReplyDelete