Sunday 19 July 2015

Vagabond Maiden

Will and I made it up to Long Man on Saturday, the lift was great and the sun was shining.  Roger was planning on joining us but unfortunately he had problems with his Cularis and didn't make it. 

After warming up with flying my Mamba I decided it was time to maiden the Vagabond, my first non wing slope soarer.  I was a bit apprehensive but I needn't have worried as with the excellent build by Tim and the very conservative rates I had set she flew great without any nasty surprises.

Will had a rather heavy (unplanned) landing with his Spectre after trying an inverted manoeuvre and sustained some damage to one of the wings.  Not to be defeated he did not hesitate at burning up the sky with my Mamba straight after crashing. 

All in all a great couple of hours flying in lovely sunshine and I can't wait to fly the Vagabond again and up the rates a bit.  I must also learn what this rudder thingy is for!!!

Sorry about the picture but I did not fly very close to the slope so the best picture was of me holding the Vagabond!


No comments:

Post a Comment