Thursday 6 August 2015

Slope Soaring Sussex Flat Field Flying Day - This Saturday (8th)

Hello all......
After us having to cancel our Wales trip I am now at a lose end for a few days. The weather looks great for some flat field flying on Saturday. So why don't we make the very best of the calm, warm conditions and have a full day of flying at our own club field.
Its forecasted to get up to 22 / 23 degrees with light variable winds.
I will bring down the winch and bungee for high start gliders and we can also fly electric gliders and have some serious fun with the DLG's.
I propose we start around 10.30am and go on through the day as long as we can (or as long as people want to fly).
If you don't have something to fly - don't worry, we will find something for you to try your hands at.
So please make the effort and come along on Saturday and enjoy the benefits of having a large flat field flying site.
If anyone fancies bringing a BBQ along then feel free. Deck chairs or a rug to park your bottom on is a must. Bring along some lunch and drink (cold beers please!) a hat and some sun cream.
We could organise some informal comp flying. Longest duration of a bungee. Longest DLG flight. Nearest the spot landing. You name it we can give it a try! I might even donate some prizes.
So Saturday morning start - 10.30 am onwards.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU PLAN TO COME ALONG...................

3 comments:

  1. Hey sounds amazing and I'd love to but I'm only arriving back in the UK on Sunday 😞 hope you all have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sounds amazing and I'd love to but I'm only arriving back in the UK on Sunday 😞 hope you all have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can stop by briefly this morning - I have a wedding invitation to Ditchling this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete