Sunday 11 October 2015

Alternative Aviation...

Not exactly to do with slope soaring, but some of you may be interested in the kind of aviation I was enjoying this afternoon...


I went and saw my old mate Gray - who has a Boeing 737 simulator cockpit in his garage!

His sim is a generic 737 cockpit, running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and allowing use of most of the functions of the real thing.

Of course, we spent nearly 3 hours just getting it going today - Gray having decided to upgrade his nav/Comms computer, lol!

However, once we got it going, we flew from Gatwick to Jersey, with the additional challenge of online Air Traffic Contol while on the ground and leaving Gatwick airspace.

All in all a very enjoyable afternoon - I hope to visit him again soon. 

As I said, not exactly "on topic", so I won't clutter these pages with simming posts - by all means get in touch if you're interested.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment