Saturday 24 October 2015

Mount Caburn

Hi All,
Paul, Andrew and I met at the base of Mount Caburn this morning at 09:00 and made our way up to the top for some hopefully good SSW winds.
In fact the wind was very strong and reliable - pretty constant, so the lift was great.
I took the Moth and newly-covered Ninja, Paul had his Valenta Dragon and Traceur and Andrew brought his Zagi.
I flew the Moth and the lift was brilliant, constant and very reliable - even a long way out.
We then got Andrew's Zagi into the air, but he flew a little too far to the left (East) and lost the lift. The Zagi went into a freefall and landed nose down in a very steep bowl.
In fact we think it landed much nearer , but the sheep picked it up and moved it just to annoy us !!!
After we found the Zagi, I let Andrew fly the trusty Ninja which he did for a long time, doing extremely well for such a twitchy model and only his 4th or 5th flight !
I too had a lot of flights on my Ninja and really enjoyed getting the old model back into the air.

Paul flew his Dragon (brilliantly) and carved up the sky and local bird population with it screaming past at high speed. Paul let me have a long go of it (not my first go of this lovely model) and I loved it.

We were then joined by Scott who brought a little foam flying wing and his Vagabond (which he didn't fly because it was too windy).
Scott also flew Paul's Dragon and I could see that he loved it as much as I did - takes some bottle to fly someone else's mouldie !

At one point I asked Paul to give us a masterclass in crow braking and landing - which he then did very well - over and over and over - most impressive - but he IS THE CLUB CHAIRMAN after all !!!!
Make sure you watch the video in HD for best viewing quality..........

We all had a lot of flying and a lot of fun.

Some vid will be forthcoming .................

No comments:

Post a Comment