Thursday 11 February 2016

Anyone Fancy Some Flying ??

Update Friday AM: Wind now showing a good NE wind,, so Ditchling Beacon it is. The parking is not the best later on in the day there so I was aiming for a 9.00am start. If the wind stays as forecast it will be a good day. Keep checking the blog for any changes.

Looking ahead to the weekend weather, it currently looks rubbish for Saturday but not to shabby for Sunday. Don't hold me to this but the BBC weather is showing 12  - 15mph NNW wind which we can use to go flying.
We have a few choices which vary from Itford's N bowl, Ditchling Beacon, Wolstonbury or possibly further afield to Harting plus others.......
Let me know if you are up for some sloping on Sunday and I will firm up on a location in the next few days. I will probably aim to get out early (ish) on Sunday morning.
Paul
07834 859018 / paul.hampshire@shelf-space.co.uk

6 comments:

  1. Strange how XC Weather shows different to BBC but count me in either way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scott, I used to swear by XC Weather but over time it has proved itself to be unreliable and inaccurate if you look more than a few days ahead. The met office / BBC seem to make the better guesses on a forecast. Look forward to seeing to on Sunday. Maybe bring along your Pilatus??

      Delete
  2. Hi Paul, I always rely on the Met Office weather, so does the BBC. Anyway I'll be there with the Traceur to practice the A test

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can do Sunday to try out my new Fusion and pay Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wind guru is a good forcast .. can anyone send me the directions and a map of how to get to all the flying sites spec the flat field many thanks stephen pemberton

    ReplyDelete
  5. can anyone email me the directions and maps if possible to all the flying sites for the club as new member havnt got a clue where they are specialy the flat field be helpful for me to get back into the swing of flying again

    ReplyDelete