Saturday 27 February 2016

My first trip to Bo Peep

 
I met up with Jim and Graham up on a very cold Bo Peep this afternoon. Driving up the hill was interesting with a load of nutters speed skate boarding down the main road up the hill. Parked in the car park and its a 10 minute walk to the flying site.
A fairly clear area with gorse on one edge to shelter out of the wind but still a 1000mm high fence in front of you to get over as you glide out into the very strong lift. We think it must have been blowing at least 35mph maybe even a little more. You know when its getting difficult to stand up type of thing.
I flew my fully loaded M60 and then bravely flew my Willow 2, which went very well in the rough conditions.
Jim was getting back in practice with his Spectre but the strong winds together with a downwind dash proved terminal. Bo Peep 1 - Spectre 0.
Graham flew his HB wing that went very well again in a strong blow. Graham then showed me his skill on the sticks flying my M60.
I have to say this was one of the coldest flying trips I have had the pleasure being on. My fingers were stinging and paining when I decided to land the Willow which is a new one for me.
All in all I wasn't massively impressed with Bo Peep, given the 23 mile drive from my house. Ditchling is a lot nearer and just as good but Bo Peep did have a decent landing area behind but today you didn't want to be too far behind the ridge when landing given the strength of the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment