Sunday 29 May 2016

A stonking day !!

After my incident yesterday with the cow poo I was hoping for some better luck and thankfully today proved to be as good as yesterday on the flying front and not a cow pat in site, so a good result. A good turn out with Steve, Ian, Graham, Andrew, Tim, Roger and a new guy called Rob. We decided to go a fly the West side of Ditchling but this decision didn't get to Roger who spent two hours on his own soaring the main Ditchling Bowl. Then on his way back to the car park saw our models flying along the ridge and wandered over to join us. Sorry Roger, it wasn't intentional.
We had a vast array of gliders out today from foamy to fancy mouldy's and much in between. everyone seemed to be flying well. Tim had his 2m Blade maidened which went very well and he flew the Wildthing for a while. Ian flew his little German (don't mention the war) ,model up at about 1000' don't ask me how but he did and then when we were being buzzed by the full size the thing turned into an Euro Fighter going supersonic (well I didn't here the sonic boom but plenty of fibreglass cracking) as it came past at warp speed. Graham flre his new big electric thing recently bought from Tim and seemed to spend ages just doing the sort of aerobatics and speeds one shouldn't be doing with a big electric glider but nobody seems to have told Graham that.
Andrew flew his two models very well in the strong and sometimes turbulent conditions but then he turned his hands to my old Dragon Mouldy. The boys a genius! Screaming round the sky with loop after loop and displaying some very good flying skills. Well done Andrew.
Steve (our friend from the other side of the Severn) was on top form and seemed to always be in the air with something. I lent him my very expensive Aresti and he showed me his ability to aerobat. Bloody show off!!
We met a very nice guy called Rob who had brought along a nice big mouldy and a very slick carbon fibre bullet to fly. Fat be it for me to comment on other peoples flying but I was very impressed. Hopefully we will be joined by Rob P again soon.
Have I missed anyone out? No.........
A really good day out on Ditchling with a great bunch of guys!!!!!
On a side note, I'm off to Wales myself in the morning for four days and hope to meet up with Phil at the Bwlch on Tuesday for some flying, so feel free to arrange something between yourselves for tomorrow and the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment