Sunday 26 June 2016

What a laugh!!

The day started out with a good Westerly blow well at least in Haywards Heath but this wasn't the case up on Itford. I loaded the car up with my heavy models but when I got to the top of Itford Hill and met up with Ian, Roger and Kim it wasn't blowing it was breezing mixed up with thermals.
Ian's big old mouldy was doing well and Roger with his Cularis (apparently with the motor switched off but I have my doubts) were up there soaring away. Roger was so high he got a call from Gatwick approach asking him if he had a transponder fitted. He told them he didn't but he did have a naff sounding vario fitted and they were happy with that.
 Above Roger's Cularis
Above, Ian's Euphoria
My enthusiasm for combat got the better of me as I chased Ian's Star Jet around and managed to inflict some minor damage during some realistic combat manoeuvres (sorry Ian).
We were joined by a new face, Kim. A very nice guy from Arundel way. He flew his Wildthing and after some trimming and adjustment he and his model where as happy as larry.
Anyway, a good day with a mixture of thermal, soft lift, good lift and no lift !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment