Sunday 28 August 2016

Blustery Beeding Hill

Met up with Graham and Bob this morning at Beeding Hill.  When I arrived there was a good SW blow which veered more wsw as the morning went on.

I brought along the Sky Cruise, Fusion and Diamond.   Bob had his Ninja and Scooter (think that was what it was called) which he flew really well.  Graham had the Stork and Proxma 2.  Graham impressed with his flying.  I was pleased to have flown the sky cruise several times with safe(ish) landings.  The Diamond took a bit of a hard landing and broke in the weak spot again but repairable.   The fusion still has problems with the ailerons so didn't fly that.

I'll let the videos and photos tell the rest of the story.  An enjoyable morning flying.

On the sky cruise footage a few interesting moments:  I managed to capture a close flyby with Bob (1:36). There is some footage near the end of Bobs Ninja kamikaze 13:30! At 9 minutes I caught a thermal and was up pretty high. At 11:00 minutes you'll see a loop the loop which can make you feel a bit sick.   The footage is not that smooth as it was pretty turbulent nevertheless some great views.  ps the motor wasn't needed it's just spinning in the wind which I need to find a way of breaking.  BTW Clare thinks its really funny (and sad) that I have the view of the pilot!



Graham flying the stork

2 comments:

  1. Had a good mornings fly, I like the back facing camera angle it gives a nice perspective. A real joy to watch Graham fly those big mouldies too, some impressive aerobatics so close to gorund.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great videos from today - I like the backward facing shots, at one point the pilot had his eyes closed !!!

    ReplyDelete