Friday 26 August 2016

New 'Shout Box'

After our last 'Shout Box' was shut down by the company supplying the software I have hopefully found an alternative one, as I hope you can see where the old shout box used to be.
You can't post as a guest and you will need to register to use this new shout box.
Simply click on the little 'Options' cog and go down to find a Sign Up button. Fill in your details and then go to the bottom of that page and find the Register button. Click on that and hopefully you will be a newly registered user of the Shout Box. Please use your first name and the first letter of your surname i.e. 'Peter S' rather than a nickname or something rude.
There is a maximum of 300 characters per shout which I think should be ok for most peoples needs. When you want to post your shout you just need to click on the 'Shout' button rather than pressing the return / enter key like the old shout box which is much better I think.
Rob and myself are admin users on the new Shout Box so we have the ability to delete inappropriate shouts or even remove users if found to be using or abusing the Shout Box facility.
I will over time be trying to improve and change the shout box as it has many features and editing facilities but for now I hope it meets everyone's needs?
Any problems or questions then feel free to email me - paulhampshire2013@gmail.com
Paul

2 comments: