Tuesday 6 September 2016

DLG Soaring on Ashdown Forest

Driving over the forest on the way back from Tunbridge Wells and I happen to have my Blaster 2 DLG in the back of the car. Been meaning to try this one large shallow bowl for ages and wasn't sure if it was going to produce any lift. Chucked it off and the first flight was around 10 minutes. The second one was longer with slope lift just enough to stay airbourne and the odd thermal to boost you up to a reasonable height.
Need to try the larger mouldy next time if I'm brave enough but the landing area is a little small with trees and sheep everywhere. Maybe just stick with the DLG's. Video filmed with my phone using my left hand and flying and holding the TX with the right hand. 

3 comments:

  1. What a great piece of flying as there seems to be no wind at all. I don't think I would have got such a long flight, brilliant fun after work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Paul. I keep meaning to go up there and have a fly as its right on my doorstep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now that it's September the Ashdown Forest RC glider/electric flying licence restrictions have been lifted for the winter. BMFA members can now fly from 8.30am to sunset within the designated area.

    ReplyDelete