Saturday 24 September 2016

Southerly Cliff Soaring

The day started well with my new car not fitting under the metal height restrictor when you first turn into the road leading up to the Fort. Just for the record the height restriction is just 5' 5'' or 1.8 metres. Scott was also caught out with his van which meant both of us parked near the bottom. Rob came down and gave me a lift back up - Cheers Rob!!
The view as always up on the cliffs was stunning.
Rob flew his Fusion 60'' for the first time. Scott flew his Wildthing. Ian had two models, his Star Jet and his ME 163 Komet and I had the trusty M60. Flying went well with some interesting landings. Here is a video I cobbled together from todays flying.
Unfortunately, Rob lost his Fusion in some deep undergrowth on the side of a steep bank just to the side of the main cliff. The same place Graham U lost his model a few years back. As we are a helpful, do anything for anyone sort of group maybe some of us can help Rob try and get his model back. Will need some rope and sturdy clothing to get through the brambles to the model.
Then it was down the pub for a pint and a sandwich for myself and Ian.
A great mornings flying - thanks guys !!!

1 comment:

  1. Great write-up Paul.... I will go back to get the Fusion during this week sometime - I will put out a shout in case anyone wants to come and help me - I will have a rope and will do the climbing - it's easily reached with the rope I hope !

    ReplyDelete