Sunday 13 November 2016

Sunday 13th November - Devils Dyke

When we arrived the Dyke we were greeted to a beautiful site of the cloud streaming UP the slope.
The wind was a good strength and NNW as forecast. We had a good turn out today despite some of the regulars being out of action. There was me (funny that) Will, Ian D, Jim, Bob, Graham, Bernie and Kevin.
We all enjoyed ourselves floating around in and out of the cloud early on but it brightened up to give a very nice November day on the slopes. Tried out some of my Landing Instruction which I hope went down ok?
Here are some of the guys out today:
Ian D
Graham
Bob
Will
Jim

Thanks to all who attended, especially nice to see Bernie and Kevin out on the slopes.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day. Sorry I couldn't make but we have a very poorly dog at the moment. Hope to be out soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike Jim, I didnt notice the change in venue and spent 20 mins standing around in DB car park.
    Thanks to Paul for his first landing clinic, Ive never considered a starting point from the slope to begin a landing. Usually just fly in behind me, probably too low, and try to turn, normally end up tipping a wing and cart wheeling. Today I managed 4 proper landings with the last one almost at my feet.
    Also enjoyed meeting Jim, Kevin and Bernie today.

    ReplyDelete