Wednesday 14 December 2016

A Hobby King DLG is Born

Hi All,
I have finally built my HK DLG, after it was sitting in my workshop for just over a year and after seeing Ian's brilliant DLG flying last weekend, I just had to get mine put together.
I have got the trusty old Libelle which flies very well and my little Zulu, which didn't fly last weekend because the wind / lift was too light even for that. So, I decided that the HK DLG needed to see the light of day.
It was fiddly putting it together because when I first got it the wing was damaged so they sent me a new one, but originally the servos were factory fitted, so I had to put new servos in the new wing because I preferred to use my own, but with tiny holes for the wires, I had to cut the servo wires, thread them through and then re-solder them together ! The rest was the usual fiddly, small DLG stuff - the instructions were no use at all, but I just made it up as I went along.


Anyway, I'm hoping to test it in the next day or so and then I hope to use it this weekend in the light conditions.
If it works well, I will have the Libelle to sell if anyone wants a very reliable and useable DLG.
Here is the Libelle - now converted to right-hand launch of course...


Rob

2 comments:

  1. Looks nice Rob, DLG flying is a very interesting part of the whole gliding hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bob, I've had great fun with my Libelle, so I'm expecting even better from this one.....

      Delete