Friday 16 December 2016

A New Model From Kevin Beale

Hi All,
Kevin asked me to post this up for him -
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my new slope model. My own design and build.
It uses my wings from my fast electric 2m model on a new fuselage and back end.
To make it took lots of work -
Made the wings on a special jig with carbon and glass on the inside of the 1.5 balsa skins and carbon spar. The fuselage pod is from a modified mould I made and was actualy a test I was doing on layups. Commercial carbon boom and sheet balsa fin and tailplane. All covered in solafilm. Total flying weight is 1kg.


I took it to the fields for a few hand launches to check all was well and is now ready for it's slope maiden.
May need a bit more wind than this weekend for the first flight.

Also have a model bag free to anyone that wants it, see picture.

Kevin Beale
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If anyone wants this bag, please leave Kevin a comment below and some way of him contacting you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kevin, looks great, like a big DLG, very interested to see your design fly. I've just built a couple of models and for me building is a big part of the hobby.

    ReplyDelete