Thursday 22 December 2016

PSS Event in southern England?

Hi all

For those of you who know me from my occasional trips down south, flying with Paul, Ian and a few others, you will know I fly PSS models as well as all the other types, and A470Soaring have hosted two successful PSSA events over the last two years at the Bwlch, and we shall be hosting another in May 2017.

The PSSA are keen to run an event on a suitable slope in the south of England, with a club keen to host such an event.

These events are, "fly for fun", with no competition to organise. Guys just turn up with all manor of PSS models, built from foam or balsa mostly, to fly, chat and have a few laughs along the way over the course of a weekend.

Is this something Slope Soaring Sussex would be interested in hosting?

If so, you can either contact me or Phil Cooke at webmaster@pssaonline.co.uk .

As well as Mays PSS event, A470Soaring are hosting Bwlchfest 2017, a slope glider festival for all types of glider over the weekend of 10th/11th June. There has already been a lot of interest from the UK, Germany and Slovenia, with a representative from the German modelling magazine, Aufwind already booked to attend.

This looks like being the largest slope event for 2017 in the UK and it would be great to see a few of you guys come and take part.

Keep your eyes peeled on line and in the modelling press for event details. Better still, keep an eye on my A470Soaring blog, as this will be the prime source of information.

And finally, let me take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year from all of us here in S Wales and I hope to see you again once some warmer, spring like weather begins to show.

Happy flying
Steve

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve, why not give me a call to discuss. I'm sure if we can help we will. I am up in Wales just after Christmas and hope to meet up with Phil on Wed 28th somewhere.

    ReplyDelete