Saturday 14 January 2017

Cold, Cold , Cold !!!!!!!

With a frozen car park and snow still on the ground we ventured into sub zero flying conditions up on the Dyke.
I was joined by Will, Ian, Scott, Jim and Kevin for a few hours of decent soaring in a brisk WNW wind. Not fully on the slope which gave us reasonable lift but a bit choppy.

Maidened my ne Merlow F3F mouldy. She is a mixture of Willow 2 wings and tail with a Merlin fuselage. I was very impressed and I managed 3 OK landings with nothing broken.
Needed a little nose weight but could really do with the ballast but I left this out because it was a maiden plus the lift wasn't booming.
Ian flew his M60 and his heavy mouldy. Will had a short flight with his Jart but unfortunately the rock solid ground broke a plastic control horn and that was it until he flew Scott's Dragon a little later. Jim was there but I didn't see much of him so Jim I hope everything went well today. Scott cruised around with the Dragon being the perfect glider to bomb around with. Just need to work a little more on those circuits Scott but coming along well. Kevin seemed to be enjoying himself but most times I looked to find him his model was inverted. Must have had some sort of orientation problem Kevin?
Here's a short video of my flights with the Merlow today.
Anyone got any interest in buying my Willow 2 from me?

No comments:

Post a Comment