Wednesday 19 April 2017

Our Easter Monday's Flying

I had left the flying report for last Monday's flying report until now as I have been having trouble editing the video. My new 4K camera needs masses of storage space and different editing software (just need to learn how to use it). Anyway, here is the video filmed in 4K (HD).
You will see Will's first attempts at landing his Ascot moulded glider up on the slope and didn't he do well. After a few circuits with flaps out ready to land he got it just right and nailed the landing. Well done Will !
Both Ian and myself suffered model failure before we even launched off. My new LS7 rudder fell off and Ian's large mouldy had a servo horn failure. The good news was this happened on the ground and not in the air.
Ian flew his Super Starlight and his M60 and I flew my Merlow. Just hope Ian didn't damage the barbed wire fence when his M60 hit it. Long story short it bounced on touch down (touch & go) and got airborne again with not enough airspeed to clear the fence - real bad luck Ian.
Then down the pub to drown our sorrows with a pint of Harvey's.

2 comments:

  1. I like the clear, sharp video pictures your new 4K camera takes. Well done Paul.

    ReplyDelete