Saturday 21 April 2018

Back of Ditchling today - Saturday

Just had a very nice hours flying with Ian using the bowl behind the main Ditchling Beacon ridge. For once the car park wasn't full and the gentle SE breeze was blowing up the slope. I had my Ascott and Ian had his old faithful 'Shadow'. I had left my big thermal soarer at home today and put in the Ascott just incase the wind was slightly stronger than forecast.
The hours soaring was made up of regular thermals and some week ridge but the lift was nearly always there. Thanks Ian for the good company again. Just a pity more club members couldn't have joined us.
I wont be flying tomorrow but I will be attending the 'Glider Day' at the Horsham club next weekend. I do know that Ian, Scott, Graham, Rob and I will all be attending this very good day (if last years event was anything to go by). So why not come along. You don't have to fly you can sit and watch, have a chat and enjoy the delights of our friends at the Horsham club. There will be lots of people on hand to help out, encourage and advice. I had a great time last year and am buzzing about it this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment