Thursday 12 April 2018

Our Weekend Safari

Hi all

My mate Steve from Wales will be with us over the weekend and as is the normal (as per most of my trips to Wales lately) the weather is not playing ball. Light winds are forecast and from the South.

From chatting with Ian we have tried to formulate a plan for flying this weekend but as usual, things could well change.

Saturday Morning.
Meeting up with Steve around 9.00ish.
Drive down to Eastbourne (as the wind is forecast to be SE - S) wind light. Here you can soar the slope in front of the sea (not over the sea) or wander around the corner in the big bowl (which is Southerly). Easy parking just behind the slope with smooth lift off the slope. Could be paragliders and the landing can be a little tight but there will be plenty of us about to land your model for you.

Pub Lunch

Saturday Afternoon.
Hoping for some sunshine. With the light winds and wet ground, we are aiming to head off towards the Ashdown Forest for some DLG / Electric thermal soaring. The forest offers drier ground than most places and together with the gentle slope we should be able to pick off some thermals.

Sunday Morning.
I'm not sure of Steve's plans for Sunday but I hope to meet up with Steve and go and fly up at Colley Hill (near Reigate) which is a Southerly (SSE/S/SSW) slope with a fantastic view back over the Wield. A lovely slope and worth a visit. landing a little tight with tree's behind but usually offers good lift). Car park nearby and a little level walk to the slope.

Not planning any flying (as yet) for Sunday PM as I'm not sure of Steve's plans PM as he has a long trek home afterwards.

I know we will be visiting some sites that many of you haven't flown at before but don't let this put you off. Every site if flyable and if you are not sure with your landings we are always there to help.

Come along, meet Steve and enjoy some well needed stick time.

If you plan to come along, please let me know (text me, email me or leave a message below or leave me a shout) and then if our plans change I can let you know any change of plan if needed.

Paul
07834 859018

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul. I won't be leaving Crawley for home until early evening on Sunday, so I do have most of the day to play with. Sunday is looking like the better day wind wise and so I am hoping to get the L213A up for a blast around. Otherwise I'm bringing my Genesis combat wing, Phoenix models Carerra, and my 2m electric powered thermal soarer. All batteries are charged, I only need to fill my flask with coffee and look to meet at our pre arranged point at 9am. See ya'll there :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely day today, I hope the wind suits at least one of your models and you find the right conditions to fly. :-)

    ReplyDelete